COVID-19 Closure Message
Dear SDC families,
I think it’s safe to say we are all experiencing a level of flexibility and adaptation as never before. (I mean, how many of you thought you’d be having school at home right now??) This morning though, in the midst of so much busyness, I had a moment of peace about the plan for our students and teachers to “Finish Strong” this season, no matter what.
I can say, without a doubt, that we’re ready (MORE than ready!) to keep moving forward for your children—to keep them happy, to keep them dancing, to keep them progressing, to keep them connected, and to keep them mentally strong.
Here is our commitment and campaign to Finish Strong this season, whether we are online or in person:
Status Check on the Season: We have just one tuition draft left in April, with 10 weeks of service delivery to you and teacher contracts to fulfill.
Right Now: We have temporarily transferred to “SDC At Home” learning, via your Google Classrooms and live “move and review” sessions with all classes. You’ll have continuous resources and bonus content added to the classrooms, as long as restrictions are in place. These resources will include:
- Class choreography tutorials and notes
- Warm-ups and class exercises
- Live learning opportunities and choreography review
- Storytimes, dance history lessons, and additional pop-up classes/workshops with our instructors
- Downloadable content, such as activity pages, coloring pages, and worksheets
- Links to SDC-approved online dance content
For Recital: The Eisemann Center and I are still working through many details, but I’m VERY pleased to say that they have been able to reschedule our event. At this point, the show WILL go on!
- Our Pink Show dress rehearsal and performance has been rebooked for midday on Sunday, May 31.
- Our Blue Show and Yellow Show dress rehearsals have been rebooked for the late afternoon and evening of Sunday, May 31.
- Our Blue Show performance has been rebooked for the evening of Tuesday, June 2.
- Our Yellow Show performance has been rebooked for the evening of Wednesday, June 3.
If you have already purchased tickets, they will be honored for our new dates. If you purchased tickets for both Blue or both Yellow Shows, a refund will be issued for your duplicate tickets. Next week we will begin contacting you regarding any seating changes that need to take place since we will now have only one Blue Show and one Yellow Show. Exact times regarding all three shows will be forthcoming.
We may be a long way from knowing exactly what the next six to eight weeks look like in the U.S., but I can tell you one thing: this is a time for ALL of us—teachers, parents, students alike—to work together! You have our commitment that we’ll keep doing all we can to keep your kids happy, healthy, and safe in dance.
With gratitude and a socially-distanced virtual hug,