5 Tips For Getting Past A Dancing Plateau
No matter if you’re a seasoned dancer or a brand new ballerina, dancers can all hit plateaus. A “plateau” is the feeling that you might not be getting the steps, or when you have a dreaded feeling that dance is no longer for you.
Here are 5 motivating tips that will help you overcome your plateau and knock down any walls in your way!
- Remember to not compare yourself to others in class. Observe and learn from them. Listen to the instructor’s corrections and praise for everyone.
- Try a new style of dance to breathe new life into your love of the art. Talk with your instructor and parents about a style that will work with your talents and schedule! A complimentary class in modern may be just what you need to re-energize your love of ballet. Making some noise in a tap class may help you nail those stag leaps in jazz.
- Get comfortable with making mistakes. This is how we all learn! You can’t plie without practice!
- See a performance. The DFW area is full of great dance performances, especially during the holiday season! Ask your instructor to recommend a show or talk to your parents about starting a new holiday tradition and see The Nutcracker! Seeing the joy and energy that professional dancers have can replenish yours too!
- Bust a move. In your room. In the hall. Where ever. Bust a move!
Trip the light fantastic, dancers!